DUST2 is excited to announce 2019 board elections. There are 5 positions open for election: President, Secretary, Treasurer, and two board member positions.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR ROAD BIKE BOARD REPRESENTATION:
We are expanding our scope to include road cycling from kids riding bikes to school, to urban bike commuters to avid road cyclists. We are looking for one board member to act as a board liaison between the road biking community and the board of directors.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE ELECTION PROCESS:
- Elections are for members only, age 18 or older.
- If you’re not a member and would like to vote you must become a member before Friday,November 15. You can download a membership application and pay your membership duesat https://dustx2.com/become-a-member/
- All parties interested in running for these positions must submit a nomination firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, November 1, 2019. A brief (200 words or less) essay stating the reason you are running for board membership is requested but not mandatory.
- All candidates and bios/essays will be published to the website by November 2nd.
- VOTING AND MEMBERSHIP MEETING AT BOSS HOGGS:
- If you are a member, and you want to vote, be sure that you have provided an email to the DUST2 database https://dustx2.com/become-a-member/ by Thursday, November 14. Each email will only count for one vote.
- Multi-member households who want to vote individually much each provide their own email address.
- On Friday, November 15, ballots will be sent electronically to each email address. You must cast your vote by Monday, November 18, 2019, before 7:00 pm.
- You may cast your vote in person at our November 18, membership meeting at Boss Hoggs from 6:00-7:00 PM. Voting closes at 7 PM. Election results will be announced at this meeting.
- ELECTION RESULTS:
- A simple quorum of the board will be present at the November 18 membership meeting to validate elections.
- The board will appoint three members present to act as “Election Inspectors” who will compile ballots and report results to the board officers.
- A regular (but shortened) board meeting will be held after the polls close at 7 pm. After results hav been compiled, board members will go into a brief executive session to designate officer roles.
- 2020 board members will be announced at the end of the membership meeting.
- Meeting will adjourn.